Is your website security important for you than anything else? Of course, it is. Not only for you but for all those who have made incalculable efforts for setting up their websites. Imagine if you lose all your site data with a single malware attack. Malware does not take time in exploiting the vulnerability on your site. So, it is better to take the security measures before it is too late.
WordPress has done wonders in providing a solution to every web development problem. Similar is the case here. There are numerous WordPress plugins intended to fight with the malware attacks, hackers and all those who are looking to break the security of your website. It is the easiest solution to tackle all security concerns.
Let the WordPress plugins face these attack. The question is which is the best WordPress Security Plugin then? Don’t waste your precious time in searching or thinking as I’ve gathered the list of 5 best WordPress security plugins from the internet. It’s up to you to choose the best. Let’s go then.
1. Wordfence Security
Wordfence Security is one of the most popular and most downloaded WordPress security plugins and why not? It possesses all extensive features to secure your website with ease. You do not need to do anything except installing and activating the plugin. It is a freemium plugin so, you can download the free version and purchase the premium version if required. Premium version holds some added features for advanced security.
- WordPress Firewall
- Cell Phone Sign-In
- WordPress Login Security
- Blocking Features
- Monitoring Features
- Multi-Site WordPress Security
- IPv6 Compatible
- Live Traffic Feeds
- Top Plugins and Themes Supported
- Real Time Threat Defense Feed
2. iThemes Security
30+ ways of protecting your website because 1 or 2 ways are too mainstream. That’s iThemes Security for you. Most often WordPress users are unaware regarding the vulnerability left on their website but iThemes security doesn’t. It acts as a safeguard for your WordPress, prevents automated brute force attacks, reinforces site credentials, fixes common holes and prevents many other security risks. Its strong features have made this plugin a reliable freemium security plugin.
- WordPress Brute Force Protection
- Two-Factor Authentication
- User Actions Monitoring
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Email Notifications For Suspicious Activity
- Lock Out Users For Too Many Failed Login Attempts
- Hidden 404 Errors Detection
- Multi-Site and Plugins Compatible
- SSL Enforcement For Admin And Site Pages
- Malware Scanning
3. Sucuri Security
The best thing about Sucuri Security is its availability on the internet without price tags. It’s a free plugin but that doesn’t mean it lacks quality. It is still considered as one of the popular WordPress security plugins. Sucuri can be managed very easily. It tracks all website activities i.e. user activities, suspicious or malicious activities and gives you the complete scan log about them. So, you can compare and find out what’s wrong happened on your website. Its unique features compete with features of premium WordPress plugins.
- Security Notifications
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Post Hack Actions
- Activity Audit Logging
- Security Keys Verification
- Access Restriction to wp-includes and wp-content
- Access Restriction to File Editor Within WP Admin Panel
- Security Add ons
4. All in One WP Security & Firewall
This plugin is said to be a complete package for securing your website. It is programmed by WordPress experts in a way that can be easily understood and used by the users. It is free of cost and never halt your website. It reduces the huge amount of security risks by automatically checking for the vulnerabilities on your website. Additionally, keeps you aware of all the suspicious activities on your website. All in One uses latest WordPress security techniques for protecting your website.
- User Logins, User Accounts Database, File System and User Registration Security
- Blacklist Feature
- Backup and Restoration of .htaccess and wp-config.php files
- Firewall Protection (via .htaccess file)
- Brute Force Login Attack Blockage Feature (cookie-based)
- Security Scanning
- WHOIS Lookup Feature
- Front End Text Copy and Comment Spam Protection
- Top Plugins Supported
- Translation Ready (up to 11 languages)
5. BulletProof Security Plugin
Bulletproof is also known as one of the popular WordPress security plugins in this era. Both free and premium version are available to access. In fact, paid version requires a one-time purchase and gives you an infinite number of installations with lifetime updates, support and premium features.
A reliable and easy to use the plugin with influential security features is what Bulletproof all about. You won’t get plugin support as efficient as BulletProof Security support. Check out the features below. Click “Get Premium” button to see and buy premium features.
- HTTP Error, DB Backup and Security Logging
- Maintenance Mode (back-end and front-end)
- Database Backup (manual/full/partial/schedule)
- User Interface Theme (3 theme skins)
- Single Click Setup
- Email Notifications (website activities)
- .Htaccess Security Filter
- Prefix Changing Feature (DB tables)
- Real-Time File Monitoring
- Many More
Stop thinking about why hackers hack because there can be various reasons. Your first point of concern should be protecting your website from being hacked. If you are a WordPress user then things will be a lot easier.
Installing and activating these afore-discussed WordPress security plugins are the only things you need to do. They will handle rest of the job. We sincerely hope you will find this article helpful. You’re most welcome to ask and add further information on this. Your response will be highly appreciated.